Opportunities For Adults to Grow their Spirit…
Choose from our many offerings:
Each fall and spring we offer adult education small groups. Several groups meet each week all discussing the same topics. Past series have included: Painting the Stars (an exploration of science and faith), Singing the Unsung (a look at musics role in our faith expression), and Living The Questions (exploring the big questions of faith).
Women’s Bible Study
Gather with us on the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 10am to noon. We meet at the old parsonage for chat time and refreshments between 10 and 10:30.
At 10:30 sharp we begin the study with a prayer. The pastor leads the discussion and all are welcome to join in. It is a nice friendly atmosphere, full of nice friendly women. You can drop in at any time. Please do consider joining us. ~ Sue Bowman.
We the People – a free lecture/film series
Attend an event that encourages you to think about your spirituality in the larger world. We the People is a collaboration of three Exeter churches, Congregational, Episcopal, and Unitarian-Universalist, in conjunction with Phillips Exeter Academy, presenting speakers and topics of social, environmental, and community concern.
Most of the speakers are also addressing the student assembly at the Phillips Academy during the day, and arrangements are made to have them speak at one of the churches in the evening. Please read our most recent newsletter to see what they are offering us this month. Click here to see a full page about the We The People Lecture Series.
Salvation Army Dinners
Exercise your faith by serving a hot meal to less fortunate folks. Every other month our church hosts a dinner for the homeless at the Salvation Army Center in Portsmouth. Both bakers and servers are needed. We serve the fourth Sunday of the even months. For information, speak to Gabriele Lieberg 775-7412
Prayer Shawl Ministry
Create beautiful shawls that have a prayer in every stitch. The church will gift these shawls to those who are coping with sickness or death, or they may give them as a mantle of wisdom to those who have reached a milestone birthday. Knitters meet monthly in the church, or work on their own at home. Over 300 shawls have been made since the beginning of this ministry. For information, call Linda Rousseau. 772-4534.
Lay Visitors Committee
Visit homebound and/or ill church members. Volunteers share responsibilities for visiting homes and/or nursing homes, and may read to or pray with people, or occasionally take them on an outing. This group meets monthly to update the list and share the news and address concerns. Volunteers are needed now!! For information speak to Deacon Sheryl Scott
Petal Pushers – Flower Committee
Join a large group of talented people who adorn our buildings with flowers and other seasonal decor. They try to tie in the church seasons with beautifully sculpted floral and natural arrangements and “pulpit gardens.” If you have a talent with flowers, or would like to be part of the excitement, or would just like to donate to the Flower Fund, please call Jane Winde at 778-9404.
We and many other New Hampshire UCC churches have joined the “Ukama Partnership”,and partnered with the Zimbabwe UCC. As part of this program we often ship goods to the area. Most requested items include school & office supplies and books. Contact: Rebekah Bergeron 775-0054.
Please browse the following list to see how you can enrich your spirit…
- The Heritage Ringers offer their tinkling sparkle to morning worship one Sunday a month, as well as at special holiday concerts and Christmas Eve. The choir makes music on 4 octaves of Malmark handbells and 2 octaves of handchimes. Meets Tuesdays from 7-8:30PM.
- The Senior Choir welcomes experienced singers from high school age to maturity. The 30-member choir contributes to morning worship with a variety of sacred music from the Renaissance and Baroque periods to modern harmonies of spirituals and folk songs, a cappella, or accompanied by full organ or guest instrumentalists. Rehearsals are Thursdays, 7-8:30PM in the loft from September to June.
- The Praise Choir aka Spirit Song, features the contemporary sounds of keyboard, guitars, and singers from middle school age to adult. They perform once a month.
- The Rainbow Ringers are meeting every Tuesday from 6:15to 7 pm in the sanctuary. Elementary school children with handbell experience or not, are welcome. Alison Hobbie is directing.
- If you have a musical talent you would like to share with us, please contact the Music Director, or speak to her on Sundays.