What is Confirmation?
Confirmation is a big part of growing-up in our tradition — a right of passage. We spend a little over a year exploring faith stories, traditions, what it means to be a part of a spiritual community. Our hope is that each student will begin taking responsibility for shaping his or her own faith, worldview and values, and will discover ways to express those in daily living. At the end of the program, students will have the opportunity to claim this church community as their own and share their personal sense of God with the congregation. Beginning in 7th or 8th Grade, all youth are invited to participate in our confirmation program.
Our program includes:
- An Adult Mentor to Walk Alongside Each Student
- Night Watch at St. John’s Cathedral in NYC
- An Overnight Retreat
- First-Hand Experiences of Different Worship Traditions and Religions
- An In-Depth Look at Our Own Church Tradition
- A Creative Project in the Students Choice of Music, Film, Photograpy Art, or Writing